warcrystudio
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Subject 19

2 posters

Go down

Subject 19 Empty Subject 19

Post  robbieagray Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:47 pm

Subject 19
by Robbieagray

There once was a mysterious cooperation that wanted to create the next stage in human evolution (because that is what evolutionists do) and they worked hard on many different test subjects to further their goal. Each experiment died, one after the other. Then there was subject 19 and he died in the process as well. Or so the story goes. Shortly after the company went bankrupt and the facility went long forgotten. But rumors have it that it may have been this very facility we are sitting in right now, where the experiments took place.

One of the girls screamed as the boy telling the story finished. Everyone else was chuckling either from amusement or from nervousness. They sat around the campfire that they had erected on the concrete floor in the abandoned building. It sent shadows off the pillars and the walls.

“That wasn’t really that scary John.” One of the girls said. Her name was Laura if I recall right. John merely shrugged his shoulders.

“Well, I am by no means a horror expert. I have only seen like maybe three or four horror movies.” John replied.

“Well, I thought it was frightening.” Said the girl who had screamed before. I believe her friends referred to her Ruby. Whither that is her actual name or merely a nickname her friends had given her, I am not sure.

“Yeah but that is because you are a scaredy cat.” The other boy Mark said, pushing his glasses up his nose.

“Am not!” Ruby yelled as she held her pillow close to her chest. Despite her protest Mark seemed to ignore her retort.

“So John is that story true? Is it based off of any real facts?” Laura asked.

“Well, I have heard the tale before so the story isn’t that original. It is kind of an urban legend this area. As for it being real that is kind of hard to say. This facility was indeed abandoned by a medical research company. However there has been enough foot traffic here so the probability that this facility is the same facility as in the story is highly unlikely.” John answered, as moved the coals in the fire-pit with a stick.

Mark groaned, “I will be right back.”

“What are you doing?” Ruby asked as Mark stood up.

“To heed the call of the wild.” Mark replied. Clearly this was a statement Ruby had never heard before because she stared at Mark with a puzzled look on her face. Laura face palmed.

“I need to go and take a piss!” Mark growled as the urge became more apparent. Ruby mouthed the word ‘oh’ in response, and resumed watching the flames dancing in the fire-pit.

“Just go down that hallway Mark there should be a corner you can use.” John laughed. He soon regretted it after receiving a death glare from everyone else around the fire. Mark took the flashlight and went to go do his business.

After going down the hall for a ways Mark finally found a place that was both out of eye sight and ear shot of the individuals surrounding the campfire before he relieved himself. Afterwards he zipped up his pants and was preparing to return to his companions when he noticed a strange shadow out of the corner of his eye. He turned to get a better view of the shadow but was suddenly he was knocked out cold.

When Mark awoke he found himself right where he had collapsed earlier. He looked at his watch and noticed that it had been about an hour since he and his companions had sat around the campfire in the middle of the facility telling ghost stories.

“What happened? Didn’t they send someone to look for me?” Mark wondered. He straightened his glasses and picked up the flashlight that had fallen from his hand earlier. Mark wondered back to the place where he and his buddies had sat around the campfire. While the flames were gone the coals still glowed a bright red. Then suddenly Mark felt something touch his shoulder.

Mark jumped in fright and turned his flash-light on the thing that had touched him. There Ruby stood guarding her eyes with her hands. Mark was relieved that it was just his friend and not something else in the dark. Then Mark also noticed some tears dripping from Ruby’s eyes.

“Ruby? What is going on? What is wrong?” Mark asked.

“Mark! John and Laura are in trouble. One of the support beams in another room fell on them and they are trapped! I tried to help them but the rubble was too heavy and I couldn’t move it by myself. Please we have to help them!” Ruby cried. Mark embraced Ruby to provide her with comfort.

“It is okay now. Take me to them. I will do all I can to free them.” Mark said, and as he did the brushed away from tears from Ruby’s eyes.

They ran down another hallway and through a series of rooms. Everything was dark with thick shadows and reflective cobwebs. Then Ruby showed Mark a metal door.

“They are in this room. Quickly we must save them,” Ruby pointed at Mark’s flashlight, “You should lead the way since you have the only light source!”

Mark twisted the door knob and entered the room. It was dark and had a damp feeling about it. Mark saw something reflecting the light from his flash-light in front of him so he took a closer look. It was a large bio-tube large enough to hold a full grown man. A fly landed on Mark’s face and he slapped it away. Then he noticed the smell. It was the stench of iron.

As his eyes adjusted he realized that his friends were right in from of him on the floor. They lay there with their throats slit open and blood seeping out. On top of the pile lay Ruby her eyes wide with surprise. A surge of fear struck Mark and he turned around to face Ruby but she wasn’t there anymore. Instead a mirror image of Mark looked back at him only he had a wicked grin on his face and had a knife in his hand. With it this Mark was carving two symbols into his left forearm. It was the number 19.

“Your friends have been missing you…”

---

So tell me what you think of the story. What do you think happens next? Who is 19? Smile

Last edited by robbieagray on Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:39 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : updated with clearer better grammar)
robbieagray
robbieagray
Daily Donator
Daily Donator

Character sheet
Race: Human
class: warrior
skills:

Back to top Go down

Subject 19 Empty Re: Subject 19

Post  Iperks Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:00 pm

I liked it, i think he goes insane and ends up killing himself. you should make a sequel to this short little story. XD
Iperks
Iperks
Owner
Owner

Character sheet
Race: elf
skills: mega slash(warrior/warriormage

http://warcrystudio.wix.com/warcrystudio

Back to top Go down

Post  robbieagray Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:57 pm

Believe it or not... I am. Twisted Evil 
robbieagray
robbieagray
Daily Donator
Daily Donator

Character sheet
skills:

Back to top Go down

Post  Iperks Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:41 pm

Great cant wait to see it Smile 
Iperks
Iperks
Owner
Owner

Character sheet
Race: elf
skills: mega slash(warrior/warriormage

http://warcrystudio.wix.com/warcrystudio

Back to top Go down

Post  robbieagray Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:40 pm

This story has been updated to be clearer and to have some better grammar. I hope you enjoy.  Smile 
robbieagray
robbieagray
Daily Donator
Daily Donator

Character sheet
skills:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content